Not sure how the Internet works?
Want to build a cool website, but can't decide what language to use?
Tired of techies throwing around acronyms that you fail to get?
In this talk, we will walk through the fundamentals of web development in layman terms. While we won't be writing code, we'll take you through various components of the web and how they work together. If you want to learn how to communicate better with your technical team or friends, then this is surely meant for you!
Topics include but are not limited to:
• What is the World Wide Web?
• Where are web site files generally stored?
• What is the difference between a client and a server?
• Which programming languages are compiled on a server and which are compiled in a web browser?
• What do you need to know before building a web site?
• What language should you use and what are the differences?
• What tools do you need to develop a web site?
• Who does what on a typical web development team?
You will also go through some demos on how a web site can be made using different web tools.