This event is listed on EventBrite (with a $5 fee), please RSVP via that site.
Interested in making maps for the web? This workshop might be the perfect place to start!
We will spend the first two hours guiding you through the basics of crafting web maps with Leaflet.js, and then spend the second half building cool things with what we’ve learned.
Some of the topics we’ll cover include:
* Getting started with Leaflet
* Adding markers, lines, & other geometry
* Useful plugins for extending Leaflet.
* Fun datasources for local, national, and international mapping.
Stuff to bring or do beforehand:
* Your own laptop (PC or Mac)
* Install a text editor (like Sublime Text) for writing code
* Sign up for a free GitHub account
Lunch will be provided (please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions).