!! COLLIDER MEMBERS - YOUR REQUEST FOR INNOVATION WHITE PAPER MUST BE SELECTED TO ATTEND THIS COLLIDER - PLEASE READ ENTIRE COLLIDER INFORMATION BELOW !!
ATTENTION SMALL BUSINESSES:
Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is taking part in a Partnership Collider here at Wright Brothers Institute with the AFRL Small Business Hub. SNC delivers innovative, customer focused, end-to-end solutions in the areas of Space, Aviation, Electronics, and Systems Integration. With this Collider SNC would like to see if there are Small Businesses which would be willing to partner in their companies focus areas. This Collider is a multi-step process to discover interested Small Businesses and also protect intellectual property in both parties.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Step 1: Request For Innovation (RFI) White Papers – Interested Small Businesses submit a ‘Non-Proprietary’ white paper to the AFRL Small Business Hub. (1-5 page white paper is appreciated)
• Submit to: [masked] (In subject line please insert: Sierra Nevada Corp, RFI from ‘company name’).
• Deadline: November 11, 2016.
- Step 2: After November 11, 2016, AFRL SB Hub will send all submitted RFI’s to SNC POCs.
• SNC will review white papers and respond back to AFRL SB Hub by November 28, 2016 with list of SBs which SNC is interested in their technology.
- Step 3: As a courtesy, AFRL Small Business Hub will notify all Small Businesses who submitted a RFI White Paper on November 29, 2016.
• Non-Selectees will be notified that their technology was not selected as a courtesy.
• Selectees will be notified by AFRL Small Business Hub to attend the SNC Partnership Collider on December 14, 2016.
- Step 4: The next step will prepare SNC and selected SBs to be able to openly communicate at the Collider. A Non-Disclosure Agreement will be sent to selected SBs for signature and then sent to SNC for signature. This process will allow for proprietary communications (if necessary) and protection of both parties.
- Step 5: Attend the Collider, SNC will give an informative briefing on their companies capabilities and then there will be private breakout sessions for the SBs with SNC to discuss their submitted RFI white paper(s). Breakout session times will be given to SBs in advance – times will be determined by a blind draw.
• SB Collider Attendees Note: Because your RFI was selected by SNC does not mean you will partner with SNC – SNC reserves the rights to make the decision whether they will partner with you or not.
!! COME PREPARED TO WIN !!
Sierra Nevada Corporation innovation area needs: (these are the areas where your RFI White Papers will focus on, you may submit multiple White Papers for different innovation areas)
Persistent Surveillance Systems
• Multi-spectral WAMI - Large area/small pitch FPA based imaging systems (visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, LWIR)
• Cognitive processing (WAMI full-frame tracking, change detection, patterns of life statistics)
• Foveal processing (super-resolution sub-systems - hardware and algorithms)
• Precision GEOINT systems (pointing and GPS)
• Multi-Int sensor fusion algorithms
• Hyperspectral Imaging systems (Solid and gas constituent detection)
• Wideband transmitting EO/IR window materials
• High density/high volume/high speed R/W storage systems
• High thruput/high speed GPU/CPU architectures
• Photonic processing
• Efficient WAMI data tagging and sourcing in Real-time environments
• FOPEN/3-D mapping LIDAR
• Liquid Rocket Propulsion to include Hybrid and Electric propulsion.
• Turbo Pump Technology
• Valve Technology
• Environmental controls and life support systems/Thermal management
• Bio Products and Bio-production Systems
• Valve Technology
Airborne ISR Sensors and Related Technologies
• EO/IR Sensors - 5" and smaller
• Hyper-Spectral Payloads
• Small Form Factor Laser Designators
• Fuel Cells
• High Fidelity Imagery Detection and Tracking
• Multi-Int Sensor Fusion
• Pattern of Life/Activity Based Recognition Algorithms
• Radome Material Technologies
• Conformal Antennas
• Phased Array Antennas
• Small SWAP SAR
Topic Note: If you have questions on the technology before submitting your RFI please reference the http://www.sncorp.com/ website. If you can’t find the answers to your questions there please send [masked] an email and he will submit your question to the technology focus area POC – please note it may take a day or two to get an answer, don’t let this miss your deadline.
Good luck applicants! And please be vigilant to hit our deadlines to keep this process moving.