We’ve been exploring different job roles within the web industry:
• In July we demonstrated a development project where abackend developer was teamed with a front-end developer to create an API-driven application.
• In August we demonstrated a design project teaming a visual designer with a front-end designer to deliver a compelling new client website.
For the October 5th Dayton Web Developer meeting we continue to explore web industry roles and hear insight from a Project Manager perspective.
We have a Panel Discussion with five experienced project managers sharing their insight how we can improve our skills at delivering web projects.
1. Carla Hale - Project Manager, Partner at The Scenery
Named one of the “25 Women to Watch in 2012” by the Women in Business Networking (WiBN), she is one of the region’s top social media thought leaders. A graduate of Wright State University, Carla has a depth and breadth of knowledge for many web industry projects.
Andy has been actively involved with the Dayton IT community for over 13 years. His eight years Technology First introduced him to many local companies and wide variety of projects. His recent consulting experience with Sogeti and now AfidenceIT give him additional depth of knowledge working with clients and projects.
3. Scott Robinson - Project Manager at CareSource
With a long history of project management experience with both Reynolds & Reynolds and CareSource, Scott will be able to share many experiences to help us have more successful project. He has been a member of the Dayton chapter Project Management Institute (PMI) since 2003.
4. TBD - We are still looking for a panel member
5. TBD - We are still looking for a panel member
Join us October 5th for this opportunity to learn from these project management experts and discuss topics that will help your career in the web industry.